Saturday, December 12, 2015

Always the right name..... always the right answer

Steele & Lynn Harmon shared with our family this Christmas season, On this Holy Night, The Heart of Christmas.  Included in the book was a chapter written by David Jeremiah on the name of Jesus.

In the process of getting my Dad's bills paid and helping my mom after Dad died, I had to know some security questions for his online banking. I got two of the three right. The easiest one was "Who would you most like to meet?"  The answer was Jesus. 

As I read David Jeremiah's chapter this morning, it reminded me of what Mike Voigts, my Dad's Pastor at Centenary Methodist in Danville, shared at the funeral about their first meeting.  My Dad had been a HS football coach, involved with FCA, and started an outreach ministry ("Tailgate Sunday") for the Boyle County and Danville football teams. My Dad told Mike, "It has never been all about football. Yes, I love football. But, it has always been about using football to tell young people about Jesus Christ."

It is common for people to remember their loved ones this time of year.  And, especially for me this Christmas, I think often about my Dad and how much I miss him.  

But, I am reminded of the ultimate answer to the important questions..... how can I handle the problems I am facing today?  How do I know I will see my Dad again?  The list goes on.

But, the answer is the same.....JESUS.  Merry Christmas. 

Me & my Dad!

My dad giving me one of my first haircuts.






Coach & Lynn Harmon, with my mom, finding time to celebrate my Dad's birthday during football season, August 16th. This is probably #30 in 1973.


















No comments:

Post a Comment