Monday, March 6, 2017

Golden Lion Great: Jeff Hester



After seeing two former players, I heard a familiar voice coming from the bleachers at the regional basketball tournament. It was my very good friend Coach Jeff Hester! He was a Garrard County Golden Lion back in the day, and a very good one at that.  Our teams played each other in the first game to open the 1982 season in Lancaster.  We were both Captains. Don't ask me who won.


One of the best parts of getting back home is seeing old friends more often. I know we play the Rebels in 2017, but as long as they let me, I will visit their staff and go to practices. I always learn something, but the best part is getting to see and visit with great people.

2016

1982- Jeff is #41 with the old school neck roll
You probably notice from the pictures that Jeff and I have lost some hair and gained some weight since 1982.  I think Coach French and Coach Burke would move us to the offensive line at our current weight.  We may be old, but I think we still got a few Friday nights left in us. And, this time I don't have to worry about him planting his facemask in my ribs.


No comments:

Post a Comment