Sunday, December 18, 2016

A great gift & shooting the elephant in the room


This past Thursday at our football banquet, Gabby Banks & Morgan Reed gave me one of the nicest gifts I've ever received at the end of the season. It was an engraved, framed picture from their appearance on the Scholastic Ball Report.  It is already hanging up in my office at home and I am very proud of it.

I saw recently where an older coach was fired for "failing to adapt."  The elephant in the room for all of us old coaches is our resistance to change. Gabby & Morgan shot that elephant between the eyes for me and Titan football. I can be the old coach. They handled the social media, represented our program in a variety of ways, and made Mercer football modern & current.

To all the old coaches & to the people that are helping them to "adapt", Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment