Thursday, December 31, 2020

Peace & Wisdom....New Focus... Ready for 2021

Our family dog finds peace by listening to Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix & the Beatles


This may be the most anticipated New Year's Eve in my lifetime. Good grief we are all ready to see 2020 be over. 

COVID has forced us to recognize that we really don't have control of the circumstances in our lives that we thought we possessed. That has been a tough one for me. I like to plan and prepare, way ahead of schedule.

 This season, twice on a Thursday, after a practice, I told our guys..."I THINK we will play Team A tomorrow night, 7:30. It may be somebody else. It may be a different time. It may be Saturday. It may be a different opponent. We may not even have a game!"

While the calendar may be changing, we will certainly have challenges in the year ahead. My focus going forward. 

1- On the things I can control, I will do what is right and do the best I can. 

Viktor Frankl was a concentration camp survivor and is the author of Man's Search for Meaning. He makes it clear, we have little control over our circumstances. However,  NO ONE can take away the freedom we have to choose our response, our attitude, how we treat others, and our opportunity to serve others. 


2- I will pray daily and ask GOD for HIS peace & wisdom.

Ever have a problem to solve and you just can't figure it out?  Peace & Wisdom go hand and hand. Prayer and God's Word will lead you to the BEST solutions (Wisdom). Peace can come before the Wisdom (the knowledge that God will provide) or after (Problem solved!). The source of both is ultimately our Creator.


Everyday in 2021 we will have an opportunity to serve Christ and serve others.  


Happy New Year!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment