Monday, December 31, 2018

Saving Time... Practical advice from an old coach


Most of us spend bowl season picking up ideas from the ballgames we watch. Here's an idea that is not real exciting, but it does make life a little easier and save time.

Yesterday I marked our practice field. First, I scalped the lines so the paint would stay. Then, painted the lines. It only took 4 aerosol cans because we only mark the 10's for practice and it takes less than 30 minutes. Because grass is not growing, the lines last alot longer. Inseason, we have to mark it at least once a week. 

We will do our spring practice some time in March. Keeping it marked, I won't need to stretch lines to get it ready for the spring.... which is very time consuming. After the spring, I will let it go so we will have straighter lines in July when it gets restrung. 

I've been around HS football my entire life. If there is a young coach out there that needs help on how to complete mundane, time-consuming tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible, email me at coachdavidbuchanan@gmail.com.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment