Monday, May 7, 2018

Job Descriptions, Closing the Gap.... Trying to listen better


This is the time of year that job descriptions are prepared for all of our staff. I am trying to do a better job of listening and then also following through on the ideas we discuss, especially their input.

In the picture above is game duties, practice duties, & job descriptions of every staff member, going back to my first season at Mercer, 2015.  In our preseason & postseason meetings, I take notes and write them down on my copy of their job description. I keep those notes and keep adding one year to the next so that I have a running picture of those conversations. 

Going into 2018, this will be the fourth season for most of us working together. The job descriptions have changed a little but not much. One way to help us focus and get the most of their abilities... we have a very strong staff.... 2018 will have a tweak tied specifically to each coach's strengths and a unique way they can help make our program better. 

If you have ideas on staff organization that are unique or especially effective, please send those to me at coachdavidbuchanan@gmail.com.  If these documents would help someone else, email me and I will send them to you. 

In 2018, our seniors will be the first Titans in school history to have the same head coach for all four seasons. We are making progress and the continuity will  help us also.  We are proud of the progress made these past three seasons, but there is still much room for improvement. Hopefully these adjustments to our job descriptions will continue to help us close the gap between where we are and what we are working to become!


No comments:

Post a Comment