Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Blanton Collier: Coaching the Eyes In His Words

Kay Collier Mclaughlin was kind enough to share some of her family treasures with me and my family. Part of the deal is that I share this with others. I am honored to do so. What a wonderful privilege.

If you love football, teaching, coaching, & attention to detail this document is for you. It is an insight into the genius of Blanton Collier. He took his military training in WW 2 and turned those lessons into becoming one of the most innovative minds in the game of football.
"Coaching the eyes" was a foundation of his coaching. It is an area often neglected, but the good ones are deliberate. Coach Bill Curry put a single stripe on the UK football helmets to help his staff coach the eyes... they could tell what their players were watching.
Hope you enjoy this. Please share it. If you are like me, you love this stuff and will appreciate. And, it is handwritten. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment