Sunday, March 28, 2021

Who Likes You? ..... Who Cares!

 

Talked to my old Coach this week. I know this, he's got my back and will be there whenever I need him. 


Interesting Conversation this past weekend. 

Someone said to me... "It is so hard to tell who likes you and who doesn't. People are two-faced." 

Being "liked" is incredibly overrated. And, it is fleeting and fickle. The people that like you on Monday, by Thursday their opinion may be totally different.  Being a head coach(and many other leadership roles)  can be  much like Holy Week.... on Monday you are the hero. By the end of the week, you are enemy #1. 

Colossians 3:23 makes it clear. We have an audience of One. Trying to please people is impossible, futile, and even when successful... temporary at best. Serve God, do what is right, and let the chips fall where they may. 

Quit worrying about who likes you or trying to figure it out. It is a huge waste of time and energy. And, really, why care? It is useless information that means nothing. 

What we need to figure out... 

1- Who can I trust?

2- Who has my back when times are tough?

That is going to be a small number. And, that is ok. If you are at "ONE", you are blessed and fortunate. 

In fact, maybe this should be our frame of mind.....

Am I trust worthy?  The people that need me and depend on me, do I have their back when times are tough?

Now we're talking!  


Have a great week and go be that person that others trust and they can count on during the toughest times!

No comments:

Post a Comment