Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Preseason Staff Meetings

Some of our staff members after a couple of our guys received awards in the spring of 2016

Before we begin workouts on Monday, I will have met with every member of our staff through June and early July. In our meeting, we will look at job descriptions, game duties, & practice duties.  Bill Walsh's Finding the Winning Edge made it clear  to me that these documents & meetings were a level of organization and detail we needed for long range success. 

 In beginning year three as a staff, we still need to be deliberate in making sure we are all on the same page. And, I meet with each coach individually as opposed to as a group. It takes a little more time, but we can speak more freely. There may be things we need to say that would not be best to say in front of the entire group. It gives me a chance to communicate my expectations and for each coach to communicate his thoughts, input, and questions. 

I have tried to be intentional and take notes from each meeting and follow through on ideas that are shared from our assistants. Our staff members are good men & quality coaches. We are fortunate to have them on our staff. I try to pay attention to their insights to make me and our program better, and our kids more successful.

If you want to see our job descriptions, game duties, or practice duties, email me at david.buchanan@mercer.kyschools.us. If you have ideas for staff organization that are unique and/or effective, please share those with me.  This is a great time of year and we are excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment