Thursday, November 10, 2016

Titans, Colonels, & Rebels- in search of something to help us win

One of the things I have enjoyed with the move back home is the proximity to the Boyle County Rebels & Centre College Colonels. The Rebel head coach, Chuck Smith, runs a great program and we have been friends for over 30 years. Andy Frye is the Centre College head coach and also does an outstanding job. I was a scout team QB at Centre many years ago and now my son, John Combs, does video for the Colonels. I have enjoyed over the past two years getting to visit both programs and watch practice.

These guys know how to coach football. Their staffs do a good job. They are very organized and efficient with their time.  Their players are attentive, well-coached, and give a very good effort in practice.

I was able to visit Centre's practice on Tuesday. I wanted to find/learn ONE thing that I thought would benefit our program and help us win on Friday night. I found it. I don't know if it will be enough with everything else that must be done to beat an outstanding Rockcastle County football team. But, it was worth the effort and time to visit practice and watch the Colonels.

Tomorrow night, the Rebels play another very well-coached program, Louisville Central, in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Colonels will play Berry on Saturday for the conference championship and a NCAA Playoff berth.

It is very convenient that in 15 minutes I can visit those programs.   Sometimes I wish I didn't love football like I do, but it is like an addiction. I could be addicted to worse things.... so I guess I am ok.... but don't ask Stephanie if I am ok.  :)

Good luck to the Titans, Rebels & Colonels this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment