Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving to the Old Greyhounds, Royals, & Titans

My former Paris players have enjoyed commenting on an old picture of me and our QB, Cory Dumphord, that he posted on Facebook.  I am very proud of those teams and the guys I was blessed to coach.

Here is the message I sent to all of my former players:

Trosper and I have been working on scrapbooks since my Dad passed away on October 1st. What you are looking at here is 40 years of football, 1969 thru 2009. I started living with the digital collections finally in 2010.

These scrapbooks go Boyle to Mercer to Paris to Mason. It even has some KY-TN All Star stuff in there.
I just finished my 24th season as a head coach, almost a quarter of 
a century. 4 at Paris, 19 at Mason, and 1 at Mercer.

They will have to scrape me off the gamefield or practice field someday. I am addicted to football, practice fields, Steeler Left, and 11 guys running to the ball. I have been blessed beyond words to be with the players and coaches in black, orange, blue & red. If any of you guys ever want to come by a practice, workout , or game, I can promise you that your old coach will be very happy to see you.


For what it is worth, this Thanksgiving, your old coach is thankful for you. God Bless the old Greyhounds, Royals & Titans. - Coach Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment