Monday, May 30, 2016

Coaches' Sons & Old School Music




I had a great visit with Boone Goldsmith the other day. He came by school and hung out in the office while I got some work done and we talked a little football.

What was different/cool was that Boone enjoys the same old music that I like. We are both coaches' sons and grew up listening to the same music our Dad's listened too.  Trosper & John Combs are the same way. They enjoy most of my old music that I like because that is about all they have heard when they are around me and we are traveling in the car together.

I think for all of us, growing up with our Dad's coaching football was a great experience. This music keeps those memories alive for us.... and also keeps us addicted to the great game of HS football and all that goes with it. 

These coaches' sons have inspired me to do a Black Shoes & White Shoestrings Old School playlist.  That will be a fun & easy project to put together over the next few weeks. 

Here is a great old song from the fall of 1971 that even young guys like Boone, JCB, & Trosper appreciate!!

Whatcha See is Whatcha Get-The Dramatics

No comments:

Post a Comment